Movie Review - The Autopsy of Jane Doe

by - 8:53 PM

Welcome back guys!

For today's movie review I will review a horror movie!
If you don't like this type of movies I won't show anything gruesome and I will not make any spoilers either so feel free to read!
I chose to not make any spoiler as it is still in movie theaters, and someone might haven't seen it yet.

And the movie is, if you haven't read the title, The Autopsy Of Jane Doe.


Starring: Emile Hirsch as Austin;   Brian Cox as Tommy; Ohpelia Lovibond as Emma and Olwen Kelly as Jane Doe.

Plot: 
A father and son, both coroners, are pulled into a complex mystery while attempting to identify the body of a young woman, who was apparently harboring dark secrets. (source - may contain spoilers)

Director: André Øvredal














Opinion/Review: It deserves to be watched. It is not scary, it is spooky. I feel that it has certain moments where we can predict the jumpscares, and that for me is a bit of a turn off.

The mistery is, personally the scariest thing about this movie. You don't know anything about that Jane Doe. 
The only thing that you know is that she appeared out of nowhere, and now you are stuck with the two main characters, father and son, figuring out who the hell is she and how she died.


I liked the fact that it envolved the viewer into figuring out and making theories on how she could have died. That's interesting. It adds up to the whole spookiness of the movie. It makes you not look away so you don't miss any clue.


Do I recommend it? Yes, I do. It is not scary so I believe that the only thing that might be unsettling is the jumpscares. But if you don't feel like that's a problem, as I said in the beginning, it deserves to be watched. 
The ending will, most likely, surprise you.

Trailer:


And that's all for this post! 
Now I want to hear your opinion: will you give it a try? Have you watched it? Leave you opinions/suggestions below and I will check them out!


You May Also Like

0 comentários